Volunteer at Clement Manor
Volunteers are a vital part of our vision to be a life enriched community. Volunteer positions across campus are now open and volunteers need to show proof of the COVID-19 vaccionation to share their time and talent at Clement Manor.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Special projects can be coordinated to meet your group or individual needs - let us know!
- Escorting residents to and from in-house activities
- Escorting residents on outings
- Delivering mail
- Pastoral Care
- Helping with activities for individuals or small groups
- Special event helpers
- Instruct a Center for Enrichment Class
Volunteer Benefits Include:
- The satisfaction that comes from helping those in need and making a difference!
- A free lunch after volunteering four consecutive hours
- An invitation to join the staff at social events throughout the year
- Volunteers are encouraged to attend educational training programs and in-services
- References are provided upon request
- Free flu immunizations and COVID-19 vaccinations
Research Shows That Volunteering Provides Health and Social Benefits
According to the Corporation for National & Community Service, there is research that indicates volunteering provides individual health benefits in addition to social ones. This research, in a report titled “The Health Benefits of Volunteering: A Review of Recent Research,” has established a strong relationship between volunteering and health: those who volunteer have lower mortality rates, greater functional ability, and lower rates of depression later in life than those who do not volunteer.
Comparisons of the health benefits of volunteering for different age groups have also shown that older volunteers are the most likely to receive greater benefits from volunteering, whether because they are more likely to face higher incidence of illness or because volunteering provides them with physical and social activity and a sense of purpose at a time when their social roles are changing.
Some of these findings also indicate that volunteers who devote a “considerable” amount of time to volunteer activities (about 100 hours per year) are most likely to exhibit positive health outcomes.
Clement Manor Volunteering - contact us
If you are interested in volunteering with Clement Manor, please contact us at 414-321-1800.
Would you like to donate in-kind items?
- Our residents are always in need of in-kind donations for their year-round community projects. Here are some specific needs:
- Craft Supplies
- New or Used T-shirts for projects
Items needed to support the homeless and those in need:
Bar soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, lip balm, hand cream, baby powder, tissue, hand sanitizer, hand warmers, new socks, combs, brushes, travel size shampoo.
Please contact Natalie at 414-546-7984 if you would like to donate items. Thank you for your support.